Monday, July 19, 2010

Mmmm, such a lovely, shiny brown mug...

 These mugs have provided many a satisfactory warm drink over many years but, I've had an inkling that these mugs have a greater calling. Their humble lives lack meaning. They were meant for bigger things(just like Scuffy the Tugboat)... Well, I've spent some time in deep conversation with my mugs and we've found their purpose. Fudgy, muddy, mug puddings. 
Alright, alright...settle petal! Here's the recipe I've come up with...
1. Soften 1 tbs of butter in the mug then mix in 1 heaped tbs brown sugar.

2. Beat an egg and pour in half (the other half goes in another mug...for your special friend)

3. Add 1tbs SR flour and 1tbs cocoa and mix to a stiffish batter.(Add milk to thin if you can't move the spoon)

4. Pour 2-3 tbs hot water over the mixture and sprinkle on a tsp each of brown sugar and cocoa.

5. Put in microwave (on some paper towel...it generally ends up everywhere) and cook for 1-2 minutes.

6. Dollop in some cream or ice-cream (may I suggest both?) and park your slender behind on a comfy chair and eat.

I've got a third birthday coming up in a few days, (Although my son is adamant he's turning one...?) and I've got this thing whereby I like to make a special birthday outfit. (I wonder what age I can expect my children to tell me where to stick said birthday outfit??)
One can't wear overalls past a certain age, so I'm thinking now is the time to whip a pair up for the lucky lad. They'll need to be corduroy so he can hear that woderful "zip, zip" sound as he walks, and I'm imagining some applique animal action, too...

On the buntyandsars front, I'm scrawling my way through a new colouring book featuring native animals. It's going to be half the size of the original colouring book but with twice the number of illustrations. Almost a pocket sized version.
When I untangle myself from this internet thingy later this arvo, I'm off to work on some bundles of cards to post on Madeit.  I've got a thing for wrapping presents. Around Christmas time I can often be found beneath a large pile of wrapping paper, surrounded by pressies with bits of sticky tape and price tags stuck in my hair.  So, I'm sort of looking forward to creating bundles of cards that have that special present vibe...you know, almost too good to unwrap!
I've just got word of the next Sugar and Spice Childrens Market in Woodend.  I'm looking forward to having a bigger range on offer with lots of good things for your lovely little lads and ladies.  Things like pencil cases, pencil tins, lots of colouring books and hopefully some other bits and bobs.  Get your diary out and write:  Sunday September 12th-daytrip to Woodend with kiddies. I'll add a link to the blog, it's worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment