Monday, July 12, 2010

Hello there little lady! It's nice to see you.

Sweet, isn't she? She's come out to tell me it's going to be fine and sunny today. If the little man with his umbrella is out, our garden can look forward to a sprinkle of rain. I've long been a weather spotter. I can often be found gazing to the west remarking about the downpour we are in for, or exclaiming "look at that red sunset, it shall be mighty warm tomorrow." (I'm looking forward to being able to say THAT again!) Bit of a dag aren't I? The little house was my Dad's when he was a lad. He was a bit of a weather spotter too, so it's nice to have this to remind me of him...

I love the humble day trip. With hubbie on hols we threw Great Gran in the car and trundled off to Woodend for a wander last Friday. It's a lovely place. A big high five must go to Maloa house cafe, into which we stumbled for some lunch. With only the window seats available, we perched ourselves on stools, anticipating an uncomfortable meal. Within a few moments a lady came and ushered us over to a table she'd set up and we greatfully obliged. We began munching out way through some yummy food after spending way too long umming and ahhhing over the menu, only to have the same lovely lady come and whisk away our restless and very active little girl for some quality time in the gift shop area. HOW FANTASTIC!!! Food tastes so much better when you don't have to stop little hands swiping hot drinks on to the floor!

After lunch we had a look in a few shops. New Leaves, the book shop was a stand out. I'm currently plotting a way to get a solid child free hour in there to indulge my book obsession. I'm sure there is some addictive quality to the smell of fresh, new books!

We also bundled the kidlets and their Nanna in to the car last week for a family day trip to the zoo. It's such a great place that's often forgotten unless you are a child, or have some. It is quite the trip, though. Five hours were spent trumpeting in front of the elephants and roaring alongside the lions. (For the benefits of the youngest two members of the group, of course.) The littlest legs were so worn out by days end, we decided to surrender without even having seen the native animals. Not to mention, making sure we allowed plenty of time for squeaking, jiggling and jangling in the gift shop. I'd hate to have made the wrong choice in there!

So, this got me on to a path of pondering our beautiful and unique animals in the car on the way home. I do my best thinking with my bum parked in the car seat, gazing idly out the window. It's the only place I am captively still! I've done a few drawings and have invested in a new visual diary, so look forward to seeing some native animal themes emerging in the buntyandsars range...

No comments:

Post a Comment