Wednesday, July 28, 2010

                                                  
 Zip, zip, zip... Ahh the sound of corduroy.

                                             


This lovely sound could be heard echoing around our house on Tuesday as my little boy raced around in his lovely new overalls.  I would have loved to applique on some cute little animal but settled on big, chunky red cuffs instead.
Come Tuesday evening we were in full party swing and I excelled my self by producing a very unhealthy number of sugary and preservative ridden food items for the event. (Hey, we eat well every other day!!) We had bright pink cupcakes topped with lollies, gingerbread farm animals, sausage rolls, saveloys dunked in sauce and smoked salmon and caper horse doovers (hors d'oeuvres) for the grown ups. The pinnacle of the party was the cake. I'd long since decided on a simple rainbow layer cake with pretty icing and a number 3 on top. My son had other ideas and heaven forbid he should not get everything his greedy little heart desires, I came through with the red punch buggy cake. I've actually developed a little shoulder pain form patting myself on the back. So proud...
                                                

I'm pleased to say that my new colouring book is one drawing and some printing away from being completed. Just pondering how I will hand bind each lovely one. I've got nineteen gorgeous drawings and I want to wrap them up in a cover that will do them proud!
I've also settled on how my little bundle of cards will look so hopefully it won't be long before I list a few on Madeit.
Anyhow, I can hear a whingy, screechy sound coming from the other end of the house. That's usually my cue to stop typing and start parenting again!


No comments:

Post a Comment