Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lessons learned...




...both big and small, while moving clothes from one wardrobe to another. One might not imagine such a menial job would evoke many thoughts at all. But, being me, who knows what might get those cogs whirring. Mostly nothing. So best grab this opportunity, me thinks. Here's a list...

1. I have more clothes than necessary. Way more. Did you know there are more books published than is humanly possible to read in a lifetime? It's kind of like that here. I should be ashamed.

2. The aforementioned clothes are, upon reflection, rather lovely. All of them. I really need to get rid of some. Can't.

3. My son, like his father, is a hoarder and therefore of no assistance in the difficult task of filling a bag for the op shop. Everything that went in, came out.

4. Upon registering it's first pregnancy, the body is hurtled into a clothing time warp. Things which would have seemed hideously outdated and thread bare after two years now still seem fresh and new after five. It's scientific fact.

5. When I exit my house of a morning looking like I've selected my ensemble from the dress ups box, there's sound reason. The inside of my wardrobe looks like a dress ups box. I'm cool with it.

6. I own more crocheted coat hangers than I own clothes. They are soft, kind to garment shoulder structure and cute. Did I mention they are cute? I'm keeping them.

7. Being a hoarder is relative. I'm not one. You'd believe me if you met my husband, or son. Or shed.

8. Vintage leather boots are a sound investment. That means I'm rich.

9. All items in my wardrobe not belonging to the category of skirts and pants have a brooch attached.

10. I own a lot of brooches.

11. I really like brooches.




With my fresh, post wardrobe relocation eyes I thought I'd reintroduce the "I have enough clothes, really I do" thing I started last year. Thought I'd do it via Facebook. So, by the end of today check in to www.facebook.com/buntyandsars and I'll have pulled an outfit from my dress ups and taken a pic. I'll endeavor to do this weekly. Highly entertaining. Possibly inspiring.


Treat every day like dress ups day. Go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment