Thursday, December 1, 2011

Enough ranting...




...how about I hop off my high horse and take you on a pictorial wander. I've been saving up interesting photos for a while, intending to share them on my blog...well, here are a few.
This ooey, gooey candle clad treat is my birthday cake. As you know, I love a bake off. This one is a banoffee cheesecake containing 750g of cream cheese and way too much sugar. I thought it most suitable to save this one for a special occasion, so happy birthday to me. Yum it was, too.



Still on the baking theme, I got handed the baking baton for a special sixtieth a few weeks ago. I love an excuse to bake something completely and unnecessarily decadent. This is a layer per decade (that's six, for a sixtieth for you non mathematical folk) red velvet cake. It's got nearly a bottle of red food colouring in the cake part and two packets of cream cheese in the icing. Over the top? Yes. But then I could cover a brick with cream cheese icing then quite happily chew through it.



According to most old wives, these little orange numbers make you see in the dark. I'm not so sure, but the kids believe they do and stuff them in their little faces accordingly. Win, win, I say. Now I shall proudly point out these were grown in our back yard from seed then cooked from scratch in our kitchen. Cool and yum.



Last one for now. These are the now vacant hangers from miss two's wardrobe. When people say kids grow like mushrooms, they're right. Each morning I swing open her wardrobe door and oggle at the array of gorgeousness. Inside there are countless vintage kiddie op shop bits (so fab) along with Mummy made lovelies and some super cute shop bought stuff interspersed between. A veritable little girl ensemble smorgasbord. It's shallow I know, but dressing my daughter each morning is such jolly good fun (that is once I catch her and hold her down). But recently I've been finding myself dressing her, then redressing her when I realize the long things are now short and the loose things are now tight. So I did a major clean out. Trouble is, now I'm feeling deeply disturbed by the order and empty spaces in her wardrobe. I think I'd best resolve these emotions with a stint behind the Janome and perhaps a shopping trip or two...markets....op shops...hmmm, feeling better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment