Sunday, June 2, 2013

Thing One...







...and Thing Two. The tale of my two vocations. While my offspring are still small they are my Thing One. By my choosing, they absorb many hours of my time and I believe in the integrity of that choice. That means Bunty and Sars is perpetually Thing Two. It gets wedged in the gaps when I have a few scraps of energy left in me. I get dragged away from it by requests for assistance with the cut and paste project of the moment. Emergency doll reclothing often draws me away and right at this moment I am shoving the colouring book and pencils far enough to one side that I can reclaim the desk directly in front of me.
That's not to say the creativity doesn't get a sound workout. This week has been absorbed by much birthday organising. I could easily buy a cake at the supermarket, bung a bowl of chips on the table and send the guests home with a standard issue party bag, but that just isn't my style. I start of trying to keep things simple then by opening night (party day) there are Miffy shaped macarons, hand piped gingerbread Miffy's and enough Miffy craft activities to keep the guests going for a week. All the while knowing they'll play outside and eat only the food I've tipped out of packets. Which is precisely what they did.
So, how do you feel about a little pictorial adventure through the life and times of my past week or so?



Crochet Miffy was lovingly crafted and given as a gift...then thrown on the pile with everything else on birthday morning.



A Miffy inspired dress (have you picked up on the theme yet??). Worn once...so far.



Gosh. Cute.



Aforementioned gingerbread Miffy's. Cute AND good eating.



Last one. Royal icing Miffy on chocolate crackle pops. I shall never outgrow the joy of eating chocolate crackles. Still so very good.
Happy birthday Miss Four.

2 comments:

  1. Holy shamoly - chocolate crackle POPS! It seems I have been living a sadly sparse life as I have never experienced this. I need to rectify this. Thank you for opening my eyes :)

    ReplyDelete